06th & 07th May 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) notified the protocol amending the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) between India and Kuwait.
2. India and Sri Lanka agreed on cooperation on exchange of information and other aspects to tackle smuggling of drugs in both countries.
3. The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment organized a ‘Cochlear Implant Awareness Programme’ at Huda Convention Centre in Faridabad, Haryana.
4. Vladimir V. Putin took the oath of office for a fourth term as Russia’s president.
5. Noted Marathi Bhavgeet singer Arun Date has passed away.
6. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced it would buy Rs. 10,000 crore ($1.50 billion) of government bonds via open market operation (OMO).
7. India’s projected GDP growth of over 7% for the current fiscal, according to the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
8. Jnanpith laureate M T Vasudevan Nair has won this year’s annual ONV Literary Prize for his overall contributions to Malayalam literature.
9. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has developed an atomic clock that will be used in navigation satellites to measure precise location data.
10. India finished on top in the seven-nation competition with 20 gold, 22 silver and 8 bronze medals at the 3rd South Asian Junior Athletics Championships in Colombo.
11. Patanjali Ayurved Limited has been ranked as India’s most trusted Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) brand in the TRA’s Brand Trust Report 2018.