06th June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) increased the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 25 basis points to 6.25 percent.
Reverse Repo Rate : 6.25%
Bank Rate : 6.5%
Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) : 6.5%
Cash Reserve Ratio: 4%
SLR : 19.5 %
2. The Lal Bahadur Shastri (LBS) International Airport in Babatpur near Varanasi become the first airport in the country to have a national highway running under its runway.
3. The Madhya Pradesh government has announced an outstanding power bill waiver scheme for labourers and poor families.
4. Corporation Bank has bagged an award instituted by Investor Relations Society India. The bank was chosen for ‘Investor Relations Awards 2018’ under the category ‘Best Expectation Management (Mid Cap)’ for 2017-18.
5. India cricket team captain Virat Kohli is among the world’s highest-paid athletes, according to Forbes. Kohli is the only sportsperson from India to be featured in the list. The Indian skipper is ranked 83rd with earnings of USD 24 million.
6. Bandhan Bank has appointed H R Khan, a former RBI deputy governor, as non-executive chairman.
7. Veteran producer Pippa Harris has been appointed as the new chair of British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
8. Malaysia’s king has approved the appointment of an ethnic Indian lawyer, Tommy Thomas as the new Attorney General.
9. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has opened the doors for Urban Co-operative Banks (UCBs) to convert into small finance banks giving them free access to branches and opening up a larger market for these lenders which are so far local in nature.
10. The Maharashtra government would provide a financial grant of Rs 1000 per quintal to those farmers whose turn and gram could not be purchased by the administration before the May 31 deadline.
11. The Union Cabinet approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Denmark on technical cooperation in the field of Sustainable and Smart Urban Development in April, 2018.
12. The Jammu & Kashmir government is all set to host in July-end its first ever “global investors meet”, aimed at harnessing hydropower potential of 20,000 megawatts in the state
13. In Uttarakhand, Polythene will be completely prohibited from 31st July in the state.
14. A 30-year-old Pranjal Patil has become the first Visually-challenged woman Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer.
|Organization Name||Post Name||Last Date|
- Karnataka State Police Recruitment - 4135 Vacancies
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital Recruitment - 447 Vacancies
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi Recruitment - 802 Vacancies
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited Recruitment - 1197 Vacancies
- Rajkot Municipal Corporation Recruitment - 352 Vacancies
- Bharat Electronics Limited Recruitment - 483 Vacancies
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation Recruitment - 200 Vacancies