07th June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. Dhiraj Ram Krishna received the ‘National Gopal Ratna’ award from Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Radha Mohan Singh in New Delhi for ‘upkeep of the best dairy animals of indigenous breeds’.
2. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT-B), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi are in the top 200 in QS World University Rankings 2019. Globally, Massachusetts Institute of Technology remains the top university for the seventh consecutive year.
3. The Election Commission of India launched an online RTI portal to help applicants seeking information under the Right To Information Act. The portal can be accessed on the home page of the commission’s website ‘eci.nic.in’.
4. Actor Anupam Kher will be honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the upcoming International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards in Bangkok.
5. The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Finance will be awarded the Sansad Ratna Award 2018 for its outstanding performance.
6. The Centre has constituted a group of eminent persons to study the Special Economic Zones (SEZ) Policy of India. The group will be headed by Industrialist Baba Kalyani.
7. The 11th edition of Geo-Intelligence Asia 2018 organised by GeoSpatial Media and Communication with Directorate General of Information System as Knowledge Partners and Military Survey as Co-organisers, took place at Manekshaw Centre, New Delhi. The theme of Seminar is ‘GeoSpatial : A Force Multiplier for Defence and Industrial Security’.
8. To address concerns about depleting groundwater reserves in India, the government has joined hands with the World Bank to execute a Rs.6,000 crore scheme called the Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY).
9. India has moved up four places to the 137th rank among 163 countries on the 2017 Global Peace Index.
10. Odisha’s Chandrabhaga beach became Asia’s first beach to get a Blue Flag certification.
|Organization Name||Post Name||Last Date|
- Karnataka State Police Recruitment - 4135 Vacancies
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital Recruitment - 447 Vacancies
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi Recruitment - 802 Vacancies
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited Recruitment - 1197 Vacancies
- Rajkot Municipal Corporation Recruitment - 352 Vacancies
- Bharat Electronics Limited Recruitment - 483 Vacancies
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation Recruitment - 200 Vacancies