09th June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi reached Qingdao city in China’s Shandong Province to attend two-day 18th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit.
2. The 17th round of Foreign Office Consultations between India and Myanmar was held in New Delhi.
3. Ministry of Shipping in association with Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gramin Kaushal Yojana (DDU-GKY), Ministry of Rural Development conducted a one-day workshop on “Skill Development in the Port and Maritime Sector” in New Delhi.
4. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare signed an MoU with the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Norway to extend the cooperation within health sector through the Norway India Partnership Initiative (NIPI) for a period of three years starting from 2018 to 2020.
5. Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Col Rajyavardhan Rathore has approved the upward revision of pension to meritorious players.
6. Harry Kane, the lead striker from the English National Team, is named as most valuable player for the upcoming FIFA World Cup.
7. The Punjab government has launched a “Business First Portal” to facilitate ease of doing business in the state.
8. Finance Minister Piyush Goyal announced setting up of a committee to give recommendations in two weeks on formation of an Asset Reconstruction Company (ARC) for faster resolution of stressed accounts. The committee headed by Punjab National Bank (PNB) Chairman Sunil Mehta.
9. The Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC) approved the revised cost estimate of the Dam Rehabilitation & Improvement Project (DRIP) for Rs.3466 crore and extended time period for conclusion of the project till June 2020.
10. Electronic Payment Services (EPS) has announced its appointment of R.Gandhi as Independent Director to its Board of Directors.
11. Odisha’s most popular lyricist, Narayan Prasad Singh popularly known as ‘Rasaraj’ has passed away.
|Organization Name||Post Name||Last Date|
- Karnataka State Police Recruitment - 4135 Vacancies
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital Recruitment - 447 Vacancies
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi Recruitment - 802 Vacancies
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited Recruitment - 1197 Vacancies
- Rajkot Municipal Corporation Recruitment - 352 Vacancies
- Bharat Electronics Limited Recruitment - 483 Vacancies
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation Recruitment - 200 Vacancies