1. The NITI Aayog has came out with a blueprint of the the ‘National Health Stack’ (NHS), a shared digital healthcare infrastructure, with a view to implement the Centre’s flagship scheme Ayushman Bharat and other public healthcare programmes in the country.
2. Indian Railways has introduced ‘Double Stack Dwarf Container Services’. The freight train was flagged off recently from Western Railway’s Rajkot railway station on its maiden commercial run. The train, booked from the Reliance Rail Siding at Kanalus to Rewari in Haryana.
3. India and South Korea have signed five MoUs in the field of Science & Technology in New Delhi.
4. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved USD 503 million lining project of the Son canal in Shahabad-Bhojpur region of Bihar, which would benefit the agriculture sector immensely in the region.
5. The Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation organized a two-day International Round Table Conference at New Delhi. The objective of the Round Table Conference is to identify innovative ideas for improving the statistical system in India.
6. Infosys Foundation has contributed Rs.200 Crore to BMRCL for the construction of Konappana Agrahara (Electronic City) Metro Station.
7. The Department of Telecom (DoT) has given its nod to the Vodafone India-Idea Cellular deal to form the biggest telecom entity in India, but with some riders.
8. Dr. Sandeep Sancheti, Vice Chancellor of SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRMIST), has assumed charge as the 97th President of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
9. British Prime Minister Theresa May appointed Jeremy Hunt as foreign minister.
10. Squash player Dipika Pallikal has been appointed as Asia’s representative in the prestigious Athletes Advisory Commission of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF).
11. Muthoot Pappachan Group (MPG) has appointed Bollywood actor Vidya Balan as its brand ambassador to drive awareness around its offerings.
12. Mercedes-Benz has appointed Martin Schwenk as the new MD and CEO for Mercedes-Benz India.