10th May 2018 Current Affairs – Gk Today
1. The Fifteenth Finance Commission constituted an advisory council to advise and assist them on any issue or subject related to the Terms of Reference (ToR) of the Commission. The Council will be led by Arvind Virmani, President of the Forum for Strategic Initiatives.
2. President Ramnath Kovind becomes the second President of India to visit Siachen after late President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam in April 2004.
3. The Madhya Pradesh government has launched the country’s first Integrated Control and Command Centre (ICCC) for all seven smart cities of the state in Bhopal.
4. According to International Monetary Fund (IMF), India will become the fastest growing economy in 2018. The growth rate is expected to rise from 7.4 percent to 7.8 percent in 2019.
5. Civil Aviation minister Suresh Prabhu has inaugurated 6th US-India Aviation Summit in Mumbai.
6. India and Panama have signed two agreements on the exemption of Visas for holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports and in the field of Agriculture.
7. Pawan Kumar Agarwal was given three months extension as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
8. Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu inaugurated the state’s biggest solar power plant at Energy Awareness Park in Itanagar.
9. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the Gujarat government and the Poland government, to mark the independence of Poland in Delhi and other parts of the world.
10. The Airports Authority of India (AAI) signed a Rs.945 crore deal with the Harris Corporation of the US for development of its futuristic telecommunications infrastructure (FTI) programme.
11. Tourism Minister KJ Alphons attended Tourism Ministers’ conference by Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Wuhan, China.