11th January 2018 Current Affairs- Gk Today
1.President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 4th International Dharma-Dhamma Conference on “State and Social Order in Dharma-Dhamma Traditions” at Rajgir, Bihar.
2.The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) introduced a new concept of ‘Virtual ID’, to strengthen privacy and security of Aadhaar numbers holders.
3.Jeff Bezos, founder, and CEO of Amazon has become the richest man in the history, overtaking the wealth Bill Gates, according to the Bloomberg Billionaire’s Index.
4.South Korea and the Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for co-operation between industries in Gujarat and the East Asian country, with a focus on automobile, defence and textiles sectors.
5.The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) appointed Harjinder Singh as the Chef De Mission for the 23rd Winter Olympic Games to be held in Pyeongchang next month.
6.K Sivan has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
7.China’s national marathon champion and Olympian Wang Jiali has been banned for eight years after failing a drugs test.
8.Leading Exchanges BSE and NSE launched new interest rate futures (IRF) contracts offering 7.17% yield on government bonds.
9.Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the events of the National Youth Festival(NYF) on 12 January 2018.
10.Ministry of Railways has launched Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) App for Freight Managers which provides features for monitoring and managing freight business using Geographic Information System (GIS) Views and Dashboard.
|Organization Name||Post Name||Last Date|
- Karnataka State Police Recruitment - 4135 Vacancies
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital Recruitment - 447 Vacancies
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi Recruitment - 802 Vacancies
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited Recruitment - 1197 Vacancies
- Rajkot Municipal Corporation Recruitment - 352 Vacancies
- Bharat Electronics Limited Recruitment - 483 Vacancies
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation Recruitment - 200 Vacancies