10th January 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1.Karnataka topped all states with investment intentions of Rs. 1.49 lakh crore till October 2017, which was 43 percent of the country’s total investment intentions.
2.The World Bank has projected country’s growth rate at 7.3 percent in 2018 and 7.5 percent for the next two years.
3.The Matunga suburban station on the Central Railway (CR) has found its way into the Limca Book of Records for having an all-woman staff.
4.Cabinet approved 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in single-brand retail via automatic route. Currently, FDI, up to 49 percent is allowed under automatic route but any investment beyond the limit require government approval.
5.Professional player Aditya Mehta won the Kolkata Open 2018 International Invitation Snooker Championship here at Hindusthan Club, Kolkata.
6.Singapore-based Indian-origin businessman Sunny Verghese has been appointed as the Chairman of the Geneva-based World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
7.Bahrain has unveiled plans to host the first ever Baby Olympics in April 2018, to promote the Olympic principles and exercise at a young age.
8.Aanchal Thakur created history to become the first Indian to win an international medal in skiing.
9.ICICI Securities plans to launch an IPO worth at least Rs. 3,200 crore ($500 million) in February.
10.North Korea has agreed to send a delegation to next month’s Winter Olympics in South Korea.
|Organization Name||Post Name||Last Date|
- Karnataka State Police Recruitment - 4135 Vacancies
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital Recruitment - 447 Vacancies
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences Delhi Recruitment - 802 Vacancies
- Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited Recruitment - 1197 Vacancies
- Rajkot Municipal Corporation Recruitment - 352 Vacancies
- Bharat Electronics Limited Recruitment - 483 Vacancies
- Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation Recruitment - 200 Vacancies