1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Vanijya Bhawan at New Delhi.
2. The Gujarat government announced wind-solar hybrid power policy – 2018, aiming to make optimum utilization of the land and grid.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate third annual meeting of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on June 26 in Mumbai. The theme for this year’s meeting is ‘Mobilizing Finance for Infrastructure: Innovation and Collaboration’.
4. Russian state atomic energy corporation Rosatom announced that its subsidiary Nikiret has signed an agreement with Indian engineering services firm Core Energy Systems Pvt. Ltd for the promotion of its technical security equipment in India.
5. The Centre of Excellence in Maritime & Shipbuilding (CEMS), a startup for skill development in the sector, has announced setting up of 24 labs – 6 in Mumbai and 18 in Vizag campus.
6. The Uttarakhand High Court has banned all water sports, paragliding and white river rafting in the state until a policy is framed to regulate these activities.
7. A Guinness World Record was created in Rajasthan’s Kota city, where more than 1.05 lakh people performed yoga to mark International Yoga Day.
8. Veteran director Martin Scorsese will be conferred with the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Rome Film Fest.
9. Shuttler Kidambi Srikanth was adjudged as the ‘Sportsperson of the Year for 2017’ by the Sports Illustrated India magazine.
10. Pulitzer Prize-winning conservative commentator Charles Krauthammer has passed away.
11. Australian golfing legend Peter Thomson has passed away.