1. The 2nd meeting of National Council on India’s Nutrition Challenges under POSHAN Abhiyaan was held in New Dehli organized by Ministry of Women and Child Development.
2. The 10th BRICS Summit began in Johannesburg. The theme for this year is ‘BRICS in Africa: collaboration for inclusive growth and shared prosperity in the 4th Industrial Revolution’.
3. Tata AIA Life has announced that its board has appointed Rishi Srivastava as the new chief executive officer and managing director.
4. The Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched a contest, ‘#Childline1098’, inviting people to share images of the Childline 1098 logo that they spot at unique locations and send it with a tagline.
5. Canadian author Michael Ondaatje has again made the Man Booker Prize list with his latest novel “Warlight,” weeks after his book “The English Patient” was named the best work of fiction from the last five decades of the literary prize.
6. Iran was the second-biggest oil supplier to Indian state refiners between April and June. Iraq continued to be the top oil supplier to India in the April-June period.
7. Chief Minister of Rajasthan Vasundhara Raje launched a mobile app ‘Bijli Mitra’ for farmers, registering a complaint regarding defunct transformers through the mobile app.
8. Myanmar will host the next Asian Education Ministers Meeting (ASED) in October seeks to boost its education sector by cooperating with India, China, and the US among others.
9. Punjab shot-putter Dhanvir Singh and Kerala 400m hurdler Vishnu Priya set new meet records to win gold medals in the 15th National Youth Athletics Championships in Vadodara.
10. Max Financial Services has named Analjit Singh as non-executive chairman of the company.